- Norfolk Map (188 KB)
current map showing the area of interest; a triangle between Norwich, Great
Yarmouth to the east on the Norfolk coast and Lowestoft to the south east
on the Suffolk coast.
- The Carvers in Walker, Newcastle Upon Tyne 1906/07 (145 KB)
Back L-R: Bob, Emma, Elder, Alice, Bill
Middle: Nellie, Harry, Goddard, Alfie
Front: Ellen (mother), George on knee, Aaron, May, Peggy, Lucy on knee, William (father)
- Kitten's Lane 1970 (43 KB)
Kitten's Lane, Loddon, Norfolk. Family home of Aaron and Polly Carver. Photo taken about 1970. Courtesy of John Pegley
- Susan Cossey (1824-1911) - Loddon, Norfolk (45 KB)
My great great grandmother with her daughter in law Polly (nee Edge) and children. Photo about 1909, Courtesy of John Pegley
- Carver's Carr, Hardley, Norfolk (56 KB)
map showing Carver's Carr next to Hardley Methodist Chapel in Norfolk. Chestnut
Farm is the old Carver farm. The thatched farmhouse is still there and inhabited.
- Ellen Carver (nee Ford) (1864-1935) (62 KB)
great grandmother, Ellen Ford from Norton Subcourse, Norfolk, who left Norfolk
with William Carver (1852-1924) and moved to Newcastle Upon Tyne. Why they
left and why they picked Newcastle is unknown. My thoughts are that they
travelled on a barge returning to the Tyne after delivering coal to Loddon
- Aaron Carver (1869 -1942) (60 KB)
Photo taken about 1899. Courtesy of John Pegley
- William Carver (1852-1924) born Loddon, Norfolk (21 KB)
left Loddon, Norfolk and migrated to Newcastle Upon Tyne in the 1880's.
He was an agricultural labourer in Norfolk and became a Blacksmith's Striker
in the shipyards in Newcastle
- Goddard Carver (1897-1962) Newcastle Upon Tyne (55 KB)
grandfather as a young man. The photo was taken in the Promenade Studio,
Whitley Bay in the 1910's. Goddard is second from right - the one who hasn't
had his teeth knocked out.
- Aaron Carver (1869-1942) (45 KB)
working on the trawlers with two other (unknown) Carvers. Aaron was my great
grandfather's brother. My great grandfather left Norfolk and moved to Newcastle
Upon Tyne and we lost touch with the Norfolk family...except Aaron used to
still visit the family when his boat docked at North Shields after my great
grandfather's death in 1924. Photo courtesy of Aaron's grandson, John Pegley.
- William Carver 1852-1924 (45 KB)
In the backyard of the Colliery Engine pub in Walkergate. Being a blacksmith's striker is thirsty work.
- Goddard Carver and Son - Newcastle Upon Tyne (115 KB)
son of William Carver (1852-1924) with his son, William Goddard, my father.
Photo taken early 1930's. Goddard was a blacksmith.
- Aaron Arthur Carver (1904-1963) (16 KB)
son, Arthur. Arthur married Mary McLoughlin in Paddington London. This
photo taken while in the Services, 1920. Courtesy of John Pegley
- William Leonard Carver (1896-1966) (43 KB)
Aaron's oldest son Len. Photo taken in 1916 during World War One. Courtesy of John Pegley
- Elderphein Carver (b1884) - Newcastle Upon Tyne (17 KB)
Elder married John Harle, a miner, and moved to the collieries in County Durham
- Goddard & Alice Carver (93 KB)
The nearest thing to a holiday
- Three sisters: Maria, Mary Ann and Eliza Edge (58 KB)
taken in Norfolk about 1916. Mary Ann (Polly)married Aaron Carver and Eliza
married his brother Richard Carver. Aaron and Richard were my great grandfather's
brothers. The three sisters shown here working the land. Photo courtesy
of John Pegley.
- William Carver 1886-1939 Newcastle Upon Tyne (21 KB)
was a shipwright. He married Alice Clark and they had two sons nicknamed
Ging and Gor. Alice died prematurely of consumption leaving Bill to raise
the two boys. Both died of consumption in their 20's. Bill was heavily involved
in the formation and management of Walker Celtic, a local football club.
- Goddard Carver (1897 -1962) (40 KB)
Gor in a bar late 1950's - I guess either the Scrogg or the County in Walker, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- Aaron's wife, Polly Carver (nee Edge) (1873-1940) (23 KB)
Photo taken in Kitten's Lane, Loddon, Norfolk at the end of the 19th Century. Courtesy of John Pegley
- William Carver 1886-1938 during World War One (98 KB)
Bill was the only one in the Newcastle branch of the family who served in WW1. Pictured here (standing) with an unknown soldier
- Mary Katherine Allies (Kitty) Carver (1915-1987) (17 KB)
Photo taken in 1935. Mary married a Londoner, William John Pegley. They are John Pegley's parents. Photo courtesy of John.
- Alice Carver (b 1891) Newcastle Upon Tyne (31 KB)
Alice emigrated to Brisbane, Australia where she married Thomas Davison Smith, also of Newcastle.
- Another Bill Carver - The Wild Bunch (167 KB)
Not strictly our family tree, although I wish he was.
BUTCH CASSIDY & THE SUNDANCE KID with THE WILD BUNCH
Seated l-r: Harry Longabaugh (Sundance Kid), Ben Kilpatrick, Robert L Parker (Butch Cassidy)
Standing: Bill Carver, Harry Logan (Kid Curry)
Photo at Fort Worth Tx, 1900
- Kittens Lane - Early 20th Century (46 KB)
Kitten's Lane, Loddon, Norfolk. The family home of Aaron and Polly Carver. Photo courtesy of John Pegley
- Chestnut Farm - Carver Farmhouse, Hardley, Norfolk (83 KB)
former Carver farmhouse. The first known Carver occupant was Thomas Carver
1711-1789. This photo taken June 2001. The farm is still a working farm
today although it is not known if it is still owned by a Carver.
- Rhoda Carver (1795 - ) Langley, Blofield, Nfk (3 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Rhoda and Jacob YOUNGS
- Thomas Carver (1680 - ) (4 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Thomas Carver & Amy
- William Carver (1826-1891) Mundham, Loddon, Nfk (3 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for my great great grandfather William and Susan COSSEY
- Jonathan Carver (1798-1863) - Langley, Loddon, Nfk (2 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Jonathan & Susannah
- Thomas Carver (1711-1789) - Reedham, Langley, Nfk (7 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Thomas & Frances WATSON (nee MEERS)
- Jonathan Carver (1831-) Hardley, Loddon, Nfk (5 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Williams' brother Jonathan and Esther COSSEY. Note that two brothers married two sisters.
- Mary Ann Carver (1785 -) Ipswich, Beccles, Norwich (12 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Mary Ann Carver
- Sarah Carver (1717 - ) - Reedham & Hardley, Nfk (2 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Sarah & Samuel BREWER
- James Carver (1759-1819) Langley (4 KB)
Descendants of James and Mary SHRIEVE/SHREEVE
- Susanna Carver (1790-1846) Ipswich & Blofield (3 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Susanna & Edmund MALLETT
- Mary Carver (1789 - ) Langley, Nfk (11 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Mary Carver James STIMPSON & James DURRANT
- William Carver (1803-1880) Hardley, Norfolk (4 KB)
Descendants of William Carver and Elizabeth LEEDER
- James Carver (1795-1868) Ipswich & Reedham, Nfk (4 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for James & Mary BURRAGE
- Thomas Carver (1753-1820) Langley Nfk, N.Cove, Sfk (3 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Thomas & Elizabeth PITCHERS
- Sophia Carver (1799 -) Blofield, Nfk (9 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Sophia & William FENN/FANE
- John Carver (1754-1836) Langley, Ipswich, Blofield (4 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for John & Elizabeth GARWOOD
- James Carver (1789 - ) Langley, Beighton, Blofield (2 KB)
Brieg Genealogy Report for James & Susanna HEWITT
- Frances Carver (1791 - ) Langley (2 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Frances & Barzillai STIMPSON
- Elizabeth Carver (1786 - ) Hardley, Norfolk (1 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report for Elizabeth and William TOMPSON
- Martha Carver (1798 - ) Langley (1 KB)
Brief Genalogy Report for Martha & John COSSEY
- James Carver (1788-1851) - Hardley, Bramerton, Nfk (4 KB)
Brief Genealogy Report James & Margaret DOWSON/DAWSON/DAVIDSON